Sometimes you can run into problems in your native country, be persecuted by it, and this raises the question of political asylum. Political asylum gives you the right to be protected in the country that gave it to you.
It’s worth mentioning right away that you have the right to obtain asylum in the USA.
The advantages of political asylum in the USA
Refugee status opens up new opportunities for you. Your task is to adapt to new conditions. Consider the following benefits of political asylum in the USA:
1. You get the right to live in the USA forever, but before that you will have to live there for a year. After one year, feel free to apply for the green card. It gives you the right to live in the United States and legally enter the states.
2. You will have an opportunity to legally work in the USA. You will need to obtain an Employment Authorization Document – permission to work in the USA.
3. The task of the US government to provide refugees with comfortable living conditions in the country. To do this, you will be provided with a number of services: medical care for 8 months, financial support in the amount of 200 to 400 dollars, a course on learning the English language.
4. If you have a family, then the state provides them with political asylum too.
5. You have the right to receive social assistance during a period of disability, and you will also be issued a social insurance card. After receiving asylum, older people apply for a pension.
These advantages of US political asylum create a good reason for obtaining it, but it also has disadvantages. For example, you will not be able to leave the country for at least a year, because the government will not let you out with the pretext of danger in your native country.
Who should I contact for help?
Political Asylum USA helps to organize the immigration process in the United States. If you have any difficulties, you can always contact us for help. If you are still in the process of studying information, Political Asylum USA team can consult you about the conditions and nuances of immigration to the USA, as well as what prospects await you there.